MISSOURI ! ! !

I am outside Odessa about 40 miles East of KC. I do not have any birds yet, still in the information gathering stage. I did the same thing with beekeeping, read and read, joined a bee group, gathered all my supplies through the year. I kept bees for many years in KC in my backyard. We moved out here from KC about 3 1/2 years ago to a small farm. You should have seen the neighbors the evening we loaded up the beehives! hahaha The land had been let go, chicken coop was rotten. We tore that down this past summer. we've been mowing, cutting brush, taking out fallen/dead trees, still have some brush hogging to have done. And LORDY the honeysuckle! It is worse than the wild grape vines!

We both still work in KC, but hope to kiss those jobs goodbye forever in a year or two.

I missed getting chicks this past Saturday, since I am not totally prepared. I would like to get layers that do well in our crazy weather.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Martha

Hello! I'm in St. Louis city, and I'm wondering where I can buy layer feed locally? I've heard about OK Hatchery in Kirkwood, but their hours are somewhat restrictive for me - I have a 9 to 5 job.

Hello! I'm in St. Louis city, and I'm wondering where I can buy layer feed locally? I've heard about OK Hatchery in Kirkwood, but their hours are somewhat restrictive for me - I have a 9 to 5 job.
Aren't they all so restrictive. I live in far north county and have El-Mel close by but they close at 5:30 and 4 on Saturday. Shorter hours during the winter. Fenton feed mill is an option but Tractor Supply and Farm and Home might be better - longer hours.
Someone on the St. Louis Backyard Chicken Meetup group sells feed.
Hi everyone! New to the forum and live in Pacific MO! We moved her from Maplewood about 2 years ago. Just wanted to say HI!
Are you on the backyard chicken meetup group of St. Louis?
We're having a pot-luck social Saturday on the Meramec river.

Duda Lang Farms
Tony and Sue Lang
(314) 603-5331
We are 40 minutes south of St. Louis. 10 miles from Six Flags in House springs
Like us on Facebook And check out our website dudalangfarms.com
We sell baby chicks, tilapia fish, koi fish, pond plants, fresh honey, eggs, and Pesticide and chemical free vegetables

I work in st louis looking for lavender orpingtons.

May I suggest posting on Facebook group Missouri chicken swap....I just posted something there looking for Orps and there are some good breeders in area, unfortunately too far for me right now.
I live 3o minutes NE of KC and looking to start my new flock of Orps any color, if anyone knows of some let me know. Looking for Standard LF.
Also would love some Brahmas ;)

Looking for either Welsummer or Marans Rooster even a cross breed of the two or any other rooster from dark egg laying breeds.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom