Mite infestation in coop?

mix to specifications and spray. For a big job like a coop, I would get a sprayer (like you would use for fruit trees). They cost about $10-15, but they're worth it. You can also use a little spray bottle, but it's less convenient.

hdx-sprayers-1502hdx-64_1000.jpg
Will do getting all you mentioned.
I literally spray the chickens too with the same ratio as I’d clean the coop with? Can I bathe them in it? How often do I need to attend to spray the chickens? The coop you mention clean for three weeks.

I literally spray the chickens too with the same ratio as I’d clean the coop with?
Yep.

Can I bathe them in it?
Yes, but I'd just use some Dawn dish soap in water instead, if you do it at all. Just spraying them (with permethrin) a few times around the vent and under the wings should do it.

How often do I need to attend to spray the chickens?
At least twice, once for the initial infestation, once for the hatched eggs. I'd do it three times, once every seven days, to be sure to be rid of the mites.

@Texas Kiki my feed store has permethrin 2 ? Is that going to work? And they don’t carry horse and stable :(
I’ll have to order on amazon sadly the one bottle is 30$ and yours shows 7.99 that’s a big difference
Permethrin 2... I'm not sure what that is. Can you take a picture of it?

If you have a TSC they carry the permethrin powder, premixed spray bottles and the concentrate. I use the dust on the birds and the spray in the coops being sure I spray inside the coop thoroughly every crack and crevice. I use the concentrate mixed with water in a one gallon sprayer with a wand to get the hard to reach areas.

If you have a TSC they carry the permethrin powder, premixed spray bottles and the concentrate. I use the dust on the birds and the spray in the coops being sure I spray inside the coop thoroughly every crack and crevice. I use the concentrate mixed with water in a one gallon sprayer with a wand to get the hard to reach areas.

Thank you
I just ordered the permethrin 10 on amazon and the martins horse and stable on eBay. None of my feed stores carry any of those products and sadly I need to wait till Wednesday for the delivery :(

Yikes ok!! Thanks for your quick response :wee
I just went to the coop and last night I got rid of all bedding and threw DE all on the floor of coop and came to see this !!!! They all went to one side and huddled in pods
dc06c713-959b-47b9-9b28-7bf971e6c5b8-png.1831219
Wow, great picture of red mites! Kill those nasty little blood sucking bugs!

Back
Top Bottom