Mites everywhere

The mites may migrate to the chest and neck area. I have one now who I'm treating for mites, and although they were all killed in the rump/vent, area with olive oil, some set up camp on her chest, and I eliminated them this morning.

She also is very thin and weak, and in the house in a pet carrier, with food and water. She only really wants to eat when I let her out, other than that she just wants to rest in a stress free environment, which is why bringing in the house is important. I've treated like this before when mites were the only problem, and had full recovery.

I hope this helps in your situation.

Ivermectin pour on really works well too to treat mites and lice, but you would also need to treat their housing with permethrin. Do you treat your dogs for heartworm? Mites can kill a chicken. Ivomec dosage is 0.1 ml per pound applied to the skin on the spinal area at the base of the neck. then repeat in 14 days.

Listen everyone I desperately need your help with tink!!!

I just don’t know what to do she is riddled with mites I have done everything you say but she is just losing weight drastically and barely chirps except as I’m typing this she is
This morning she was flat on her belly with her wings out gasping for breath right now she is a lot better than that we are using something called scalex mite and lice spray
But it’s twice a week and it isn’t really working
She won’t put her tail up which especially for a d’Uccle is not good
What should I feed her
to Make her better
She has probiotics in her water and is being fed a daily scrambled egg and fresh greens
Just tell me everything you all know and I will do it
Please ask questions also
Thank you y’all are saving tinks life

Last edited:
Tink right now is chirping because I just gave her a bath and it kind of helped
And I just noticed you can see her insides really well her skin is as thin as you can imagine and her keel is showing very prominently
Just about to blow dry her
Her mama Millie is outside taking a dust bath and it’s helping her a lot
567EE5A3-A1D2-434A-ADED-9415C91B2C4C.jpeg
2622B1FB-D71C-409B-9C87-2C1F4323C1F2.jpeg
02A4C5D5-AE16-49C4-8F79-06FC4012453B.jpeg
8E25BFE8-B78F-43AE-904A-90A8FBC51EFE.jpeg
ABE94846-A183-4DEE-B2D2-DE2555CC6CDE.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom