It is a small difference but one that might keep a person bound not to use synthetics from using either one since the spelling is so similar.
The synthetic form in this case works just as well with no bad effects either.
It basically comes down to price point. :)
@Chickassan That's good to know, need to look into that

So the past few days I’m feeling things crawling on me. I found this bug today on my face. I have t found any on the birds yet. Does anyone know what they are and how I get rid of them?

Attachments

• C5B8F204-5DAA-4203-93A8-629BD9DF4763.jpeg
    C5B8F204-5DAA-4203-93A8-629BD9DF4763.jpeg
    196.4 KB · Views: 36
So the past few days I’m feeling things crawling on me. I found this bug today on my face. I have t found any on the birds yet. Does anyone know what they are and how I get rid of them?
Your picture isn't clear enough to tell.

I too was thinking chicken lice. There are several ways to rid your chickens, and coop of them. I prefer dusting my chickens, then spraying the coop, however, many prefer mixing the spray according to directions, and putting it in a spray bottle to spray the chickens, then the same mixture into a tank sprayer to do the entire coop. Don't get it in their eyes. Martins, or Hy Yield insect spray work fine.

I would guess lice.
That’s my guess as well. I have not been able
I too was thinking chicken lice. There are several ways to rid your chickens, and coop of them. I prefer dusting my chickens, then spraying the coop, however, many prefer mixing the spray according to directions, and putting it in a spray bottle to spray the chickens, then the same mixture into a tank sprayer to do the entire coop. Don't get it in their eyes. Martins, or Hy Yield insect spray work fine.
whay should I use?

I use permethrin dust on my birds and in their nest boxes and premethrin spray in the coops spraying thoroughly every crack and crevice, everywhere. It is also used in some shampoo's for people.

"Nonprescription Lice Shampoo Every over-the-counter (OTC) treatment of head lice has been approved by the FDA and contains either pyrethrins (Rid or Triple X) or permethrin (Nix). Both are effective and are considered the first line of treatment. The former can be used on children ages 2 and older, while the latter can be used on children as young as 2 months. Both kill live lice and mites, not the pest eggs/nits.

Back
Top Bottom