Mites? Scaley LEG MITes?!?

kera!

Songster
9 Years
Jan 1, 2011
Navajo County
hmm.png
I was wondering are Mites and leg mites the same thing? Just one is when they get on their legs?? I have read alot about it.? but I see Scaley leg Mites and then Mites but are they the same Bug?? do they prefer the Legs?? do they get other Places? is treatment the same no matter What Can someone clear up the confusion? If you chicken has Leg mites does it have Mites Everywhere? how to treat the whole CHICKEN?? THANKS

Quote:
No, there are HUNDREDS of kinds of mites. Just as there are hundreds of kids of spiders. Unlike lice, mites are not particularly species specific. Some will even munch on both plants and animals. They range in size from microscopic to not quite big enough to call a spider. Scaley leg mites are pretty close to microscopic. The ones that are most likely to infest the body are clearly visible. Any can be white or black or red.

really, I had no clue, I have 8 or 9 friends who hve chickens and they say they have never heard of mites or lice being here at all...Thanks for the help I do the chickens for fun and my kids show them..but I want to have the healthiest Flock i can, I also tend to become overbearing and somewhat paranoid easily,, is there alot I can do to prevent Mites, Here..

Back
Top Bottom