Mites

My hens have mites but I've only seen it on a couple and want to stop it before it spreads. Any ways to get rid of them? I have diatomaceous earth and am going to the feed store today. Any suggestions???

I am going to suggest a different approach to this since you have games that are easy to tame and train. Setup a dust bathing station with a tub filled about 1/4 full with potting soil. Spring some Sevin in that. Place your heat lamp over the tub. Then release a bird so it can get into tub to dust bath. Mine will jump right in and go to town dust bathing. Bird will get Sevin right where is needs to go and the soil used is closer to the natural way birds work to control mites and lice.

To get such to work easily, I bait my birds with live mealworms.

I am going to suggest a different approach to this since you have games that are easy to tame and train. Setup a dust bathing station with a tub filled about 1/4 full with potting soil. Spring some Sevin in that. Place your heat lamp over the tub. Then release a bird so it can get into tub to dust bath. Mine will jump right in and go to town dust bathing. Bird will get Sevin right where is needs to go and the soil used is closer to the natural way birds work to control mites and lice.

To get such to work easily, I bait my birds with live mealworms.

Great tip regarding the mealworms
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom