Mixed ages... mixed feed?

Pics
TSC or Big R for the organic starter crumble feed and I just found a local small farm that has organic grower feed. The grower feed actually looks like real grains. It’s GMO and corn free

i’m going to attempt fermenting and fodder now. I’ve never tried but it seems easy enough and not too labor intensive. It’s worth it if they get more out of the feed and eat less.

@KikisGirls can you post a link to your feed comparison chart in this thread, I think this would be a good place to share.

Also there was a question about some sort of Organic All Flock feed, do you know of one off hand since you put together such a comprehensive list?

To the OP, this is an organic all flock/all ages feed.
https://www.scratchandpeck.com/shop/naturally-free-grower/
That grower feed looks like what I have. If there isn’t a near by local option this feed looks great but a lil pricey . Looks like they have free shipping though and a monthly discount if you subscribe.

To OP. Don't make things complicated just feed them the same food you feed the adults, They will eat it. You don't need anything fancy either, Cheap cracked corn is fine. I have 3 hens over 6 years old and they've never had trouble laying eggs.
Do you mean I didn’t need starter feed when they were brand new? And then grower feed... and now I just added grit and scratch for the older girls... and soon oyster shells and i started soaking grain today to try sprouting some of the scratch... I can’t wait for the mail. . Nothing fancy... just seems like we don’t feed human babies steak or teenagers smashed peas. . This is still new though... one day I might just say... one feed and you’ll be alright :wee

What do you do when the chicks are not eating much starter? But if I bring in some cat Pate they about run me down. Or if I scatter some meal worms.

Their all 4 weeks old.

Back
Top Bottom