Mixed breed, barred rock, hen or roo?

betonatiuh

Hatching
Nov 10, 2019
Portland, OR
The chicken in questions looks like a barred rock, but I think it is mixed with something else, what do you think?

I need to know if the barred one is a pullet or cockerel, because we can't keep it if turns out to be a cockerel, I know the one that looks like a Penedenseca is for sure a rooster, he is crowing, but the barred rock, is not crowing yet, they are 11 weeks old. I want to make sure because if there is hope that she is a hen I would definitely keep it, but we will be going to deliver the Penedenseca to a farm in the next days so not sure if I should wait longer on the barred rock or not.

Please let me know what you think, I need some experienced eyes to look at it. Thanks in advance. IMG_20191027_130303.jpg IMG_20191028_112603.jpg IMG_20191109_153450.jpg IMG_20191109_155000.jpg

The chicken in questions looks like a barred rock, but I think it is mixed with something else, what do you think?

I need to know if the barred one is a pullet or cockerel, because we can't keep it if turns out to be a cockerel, I know the one that looks like a Penedenseca is for sure a rooster, he is crowing, but the barred rock, is not crowing yet, they are 11 weeks old. I want to make sure because if there is hope that she is a hen I would definitely keep it, but we will be going to deliver the Penedenseca to a farm in the next days so not sure if I should wait longer on the barred rock or not.

Please let me know what you think, I need some experienced eyes to look at it. Thanks in advance. View attachment 1956391 View attachment 1956392 View attachment 1956393 View attachment 1956394
Hi,
He looks like a mix breed. He is a cute little cockerel.:)

Looks like a mixed breed cockerel. Where did he come from?
One of my hens became broody for the first time last summer and I decided to get her some fertilized eggs from craigslist, whole new experience for me as well. 4 eggs hatched and now it seems I got 2 pullets and 2 cockerels, not too bad I guess. This is the 4 of them with mom. IMG_20191022_153315.jpg

Back
Top Bottom