Mixed Breed Photo Reference *please read guidelines in first post before adding content*

Pics
Here are three of my seven baby chicks. They hatched May 25 -28 so they are a 4 to 4 and a half weeks old. Up top we have a delaware x silver laced wyandotte. I am still trying to guess what combo the other two are. I have a delaware roo, barred rock roo (he's the alpha and my favorite) and a silver laced wyandotte roo (I don't think he fathered any of them.) For hens I have the same breeds that I do roos, plus RIR and BO. I think there is a possibility the middle one is a pure delaware but I don't remember what they looked like as chicks, I'll wait and see if any other colors bleed through. The one on the bottom is a barred rock x any of the hens listed above.
DSC_0148.JPG

Here is everybody with Mama Hen. The lens got foggy because of the humidity.
DSC_0108.JPG

I'll post more pictures and ID them as I can.

I had seven new flock members hatch under a buff orpington over Memorial Day weekend. I posted pictures of them and their mother back then. I just wanted to post what they look like now. They are about 13.5 weeks.
This pullet is from a barred rock roo over a silver laced wyandotte. She has a flat comb.
DSC_0197.JPG

This cockerel is a delaware over a silver laced wyandotte. He's got a flat comb too.
DSC_0198.JPG

This cockerel is a barred rock roo over a delaware hen.
DSC_0200.JPG

Pullet on right is a barred rock roo over a buff orpington or a RIR. Her sister to her left is a BR.
DSC_0206.JPG

This pullet is a barred rock over either a BO or a RIR (like her siser above.)
DSC_0208.JPG

Here are three of my seven baby chicks. They hatched May 25 -28 so they are a 4 to 4 and a half weeks old. Up top we have a delaware x silver laced wyandotte. I am still trying to guess what combo the other two are. I have a delaware roo, barred rock roo (he's the alpha and my favorite) and a silver laced wyandotte roo (I don't think he fathered any of them.) For hens I have the same breeds that I do roos, plus RIR and BO. I think there is a possibility the middle one is a pure delaware but I don't remember what they looked like as chicks, I'll wait and see if any other colors bleed through. The one on the bottom is a barred rock x any of the hens listed above.
View attachment 1048653
Here is everybody with Mama Hen. The lens got foggy because of the humidity.
View attachment 1048702
I'll post more pictures and ID them as I can.

I have some mixed bantams that are definitely half old english game. They have feathers on their feet but I am trying to guess whether they are mil fleur, partridge cochin bantam, or buff brahma. They could even be part silie but I don't see black skin or fluffy heads. Any thoughts?
DSC_0217.JPG

So little and fluffy!!! How cute!

I have some mixed bantams that are definitely half old english game. They have feathers on their feet but I am trying to guess whether they are mil fleur, partridge cochin bantam, or buff brahma. They could even be part silie but I don't see black skin or fluffy heads. Any thoughts?
View attachment 1118453

My honest guess is Brahma! They're absolutely precious. I'd love to see updates on them as they grow. :)

View attachment 1118453

Check the combs - if they're half d'uccle or cochin, they will have single combs. Half brahma, and they will have pea combs. That will at least help you narrow it down :)

Back
Top Bottom