Mixed chickens? Anything cool?

mr_roosterboots

Hatching
9 Years
Jan 17, 2011
There are a couple breeds of chickens that i think would look cool if they were mixed. Like a silver phoenix and a polish breed. If any one has done that, please post pics! And if you have other mixed breeds that look cool post those too but be sure to include the breeds its from:)

Wildwoodcochins has a beautiful Mille Fleur X Buff Columbian Cochin Roo....
droolin.gif
droolin.gif
th.gif
droolin.gif
frow.gif
bun.gif
droolin.gif
Did I mention drool??

6152_img_2653.jpg

6152_img_2657.jpg

top 2: porcelain d'uccle rooster over salmon favorelle hen bantam (male at top, female in 2nd pic)

6152_img_1322.jpg

above: white japanese bantam rooster over both a lavender and black cochin hens (cockerel in foreground, white pullet next to him)

6152_img_1186.jpg

above: white crested black polish rooster over buff orpington hen (pullet)

6152_img_1128.jpg

above: some sort of cochin/favorelle mix rooster

6152_img_0846.jpg

above: white crested black polish rooster over barred rock hen (cockerel)

You can decide on the coolness factor LOL

I have a very pretty Delaware/NN she is turning white with some black barring. She is 3 weeks old. At the scraggly stage but when she fully feathers she is going to be beautiful
62756_nicolette_001.jpg

62756_nicolette_002.jpg

Quote:
If you mixed a phoenix with a nice long thick saddle to a polish with a heavy topknot, the offspring could be bred for a few generations to get birds with really long feathers in the topknot, because the length of the saddle is directly related to neck hackle length, which in turn is responsible for the length of the feathers in the topknot. I imagine the naked neck gene would not matter too much as it would not effect the topknot very much.
Do it.

Quote:
If you mixed a phoenix with a nice long thick saddle to a polish with a heavy topknot, the offspring could be bred for a few generations to get birds with really long feathers in the topknot, because the length of the saddle is directly related to neck hackle length, which in turn is responsible for the length of the feathers in the topknot. I imagine the naked neck gene would not matter too much as it would not effect the topknot very much.
Do it.

So that's why Polish naturally have such large, long tails. . .

Back
Top Bottom