Aug 26, 2020
This year was the first year that we have roosters and could have babies of our own, so I couldn’t resist letting my broody hen sit on some eggs! We hatched out four little nuggets and it has been a fun game trying to figure out who the parents are since none of the eggs hatched belonged to the broody. All of my chickens are purebreds from a hatchery and I have been able to figure out what one or both parents are for three of the four babies but this one has me stumped!
AF1DFB4B-6ADF-4BF6-A9B8-43AD963B7578.png

6714BDEE-3DBA-46FE-8AA5-E1A64B0CE496.png

Based on the chicks’s down and the feathers coming in it most resembles my partridge rock hen and my buff Brahma roo but where do the green legs come from? None of my chickens have green legs so I curious if anyone knows how you would have to cross to get them

we have a buff Orpington, brown leghorn, and buff Brahma for the Roos the we have the partridge rock, barred rock black australorp, buff Orpington, lavender Orpington, and GLWs and BLRWs for the hens but I don’t think that the chick would be from the Wyandottes since it doesn’t have a rose comb

Back
Top Bottom