Mixed flock...identifying eggs

DixieChickie

Songster
8 Years
Mar 24, 2011
VA
I have a banty coop, It's mainly cochins, but my Silkie is in there as well as my Golden Sebright pullet. I knew my blue cochin pullet was getting close to ready to lay, and Saturday we got our first egg from that coop. HOWEVER I don't know if she's the only one laying,

The egg I got Saturday, was up in the nesting box, it was long and skinny...creamy tan colored. Sunday I got another egg in the nest box, it was more typical store bought egg shape, but in miniature form LOL Kind of a creamy color (lighter than the first I think) Yesterday there was an egg on the floor of the coop, a light khaki tan color, kind of long and skinny like the first egg on Saturday.

The pullets that could possibly be laying are: my blue cochin (she's definately of age and has been squatting for the roo for a couple of weeks), my Silkie is possibly close to age, and my Golden Sebright is fairly close in age too. My Silkie I have never seen try to fly up to any spots, in the coop, higher than a foot off the ground....so I didn't know if the one on the floor might be hers, or if maybe there are 2 laying if the nest box was occupied so someone just decided to lay on the floor. (I only had 1 nest box in cause only my blue was showing signs of being ready, putting another one in today.)

I'll try to get a pic to post.

My black silkies eggs are white, and usual when they first lay there long and skinny
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom