Mixer help please

debilorrah

The Great Guru of Yap
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Aug 25, 2008
The Carpal Tunnel Rehab Center
I bought a cheapo hand mixer from Target and it is piece of junk!!! Can anyone tell me the brand name of a decent one, not KitchenAid (I am saving for that one) that I can get in the mean time? Making tollhouse cookies today about burned the danged thing up.

I have a Braun hand mixer (I also have a KitchenAid stand mixer, but that's new). I've gone through quite a bit of dough with the Braun and it handled it all like a champ. I burned out two before I found the Braun. You need a larger motor, that's what to look for. It's got a 350 watt motor, the cheaper ones are usually aroujd 250 or smaller.

Was it expensive? I had sparks coming out of mine today...
hmm.png

I don't know of any hand mixer that can handle a dough like that. I usually go at it with a wood spoon. You have to cuss a lot, and make sure you hold your mouth right.

*I came real close to posting a pic of the spoon
wink.png

Last edited:
the KA hand mixer is great!![/

That's going to be my next hand mixer - someday! I don't use one very often, so this wimpy 200 watt B & D is gonna last forever.....
hmm.png

I LOVE the Oster Hand mixer My Mom gave me for Christmas!
It has regular beaters a whip attachment and bread hooks! This Buggar is POWERFUL! I haven't used it above the "3" setting-- even for cookie dough!

What I really love is that it has a retracting cord for storing it! So no mare tangled-up cords in the cupboard!

They run around $30-$40 depending on where you get it... call around where you shop-- or go online for a better bargain (sometimes)

Debi, I have the 9 speed hand held kitchen aid and it is great! I have the stand mixer too and I only drag it out for large bread recipes. I got my hand held from QVC. Then if you hate it you can send it back, no questions asked!
idunno.gif

Quote:
It wasn't as cheap as the throwaways from Target or whatever, but it wasn't horribly expensive. Don't ask me how much now, it was over 20 years ago!!! I know it wasn't exorbitant because I just can't afford exorbitant! And yes, it still works just fine
smile.png

I bought it because my hands couldn't handle the wooden spoon method - arthritis started early in my wrists
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom