Mixer help please

debilorrah

The Great Guru of Yap
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Aug 25, 2008
The Carpal Tunnel Rehab Center
I bought a cheapo hand mixer from Target and it is piece of junk!!! Can anyone tell me the brand name of a decent one, not KitchenAid (I am saving for that one) that I can get in the mean time? Making tollhouse cookies today about burned the danged thing up.

Reinbeau

The Teapot Underground
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
Mar 1, 2007
Hanson, MA & Lebanon, Maine
I have a Braun hand mixer (I also have a KitchenAid stand mixer, but that's new). I've gone through quite a bit of dough with the Braun and it handled it all like a champ. I burned out two before I found the Braun. You need a larger motor, that's what to look for. It's got a 350 watt motor, the cheaper ones are usually aroujd 250 or smaller.

ranchhand

Rest in Peace 1956-2011
11 Years
Aug 25, 2008
SC
I don't know of any hand mixer that can handle a dough like that. I usually go at it with a wood spoon. You have to cuss a lot, and make sure you hold your mouth right.

*I came real close to posting a pic of the spoon

Last edited:

ranchhand

Rest in Peace 1956-2011
11 Years
Aug 25, 2008
SC
the KA hand mixer is great!![/

That's going to be my next hand mixer - someday! I don't use one very often, so this wimpy 200 watt B & D is gonna last forever.....

Momma_Cluck

Songster
11 Years
Jun 11, 2008
N. West Michigan
I LOVE the Oster Hand mixer My Mom gave me for Christmas!
It has regular beaters a whip attachment and bread hooks! This Buggar is POWERFUL! I haven't used it above the "3" setting-- even for cookie dough!

What I really love is that it has a retracting cord for storing it! So no mare tangled-up cords in the cupboard!

They run around $30-$40 depending on where you get it... call around where you shop-- or go online for a better bargain (sometimes)

debilorrah

The Great Guru of Yap
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Aug 25, 2008
The Carpal Tunnel Rehab Center
Thanks you guys!!! The KA handmixer is the one I want, but it run $80.... $30 is good for now. I need to start looking now that I have some names.

THANKS!

1mommahen

Love My Cluckin' Coop
11 Years
Mar 20, 2008
NJ
Debi, I have the 9 speed hand held kitchen aid and it is great! I have the stand mixer too and I only drag it out for large bread recipes. I got my hand held from QVC. Then if you hate it you can send it back, no questions asked!

Reinbeau

The Teapot Underground
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
Mar 1, 2007
Hanson, MA & Lebanon, Maine
Quote:It wasn't as cheap as the throwaways from Target or whatever, but it wasn't horribly expensive. Don't ask me how much now, it was over 20 years ago!!! I know it wasn't exorbitant because I just can't afford exorbitant! And yes, it still works just fine

I bought it because my hands couldn't handle the wooden spoon method - arthritis started early in my wrists

Top Bottom