Mixing 2-3 week old chicks?

Oct 16, 2020
Hey there, I have some rhode Island Red/leghorn mix chicks that are about the same age as some Silkie/Melfleur mix ones. Someone wants to buy one RIR/LH and a couple of the fluffy foot ones, and I’m wondering—how careful do they need to be about mixing the chicks?

They are the same age, but the RIR ones are BEASTS. Much bigger and bolder.

One won’t kill the others, right?

’(Also, a couple of my Reds are a but injured due to a cat attack. They’re gonna live, but should I give the guy one of them, as they are less likely to attack the other chicks? Or does it not make a difference?)

Here are pics of the two flocks.

Attachments

• 0CACD6BC-6EA5-4E88-988B-D3FE9865F2CD.jpeg
    0CACD6BC-6EA5-4E88-988B-D3FE9865F2CD.jpeg
    538.1 KB · Views: 4
  • B37F32B5-EF2A-4DC7-9A99-2C164AFF5A4E.jpeg
    B37F32B5-EF2A-4DC7-9A99-2C164AFF5A4E.jpeg
    496.8 KB · Views: 3
Put up a small chicken wire fence and keep them at the “see but can’t touch” stage for a few days... chicks this young usually don’t have an issue but observation is key for the first few days.

Hey there, I have some rhode Island Red/leghorn mix chicks that are about the same age as some Silkie/Melfleur mix ones. Someone wants to buy one RIR/LH and a couple of the fluffy foot ones, and I’m wondering—how careful do they need to be about mixing the chicks?

They are the same age, but the RIR ones are BEASTS. Much bigger and bolder.

One won’t kill the others, right?

’(Also, a couple of my Reds are a but injured due to a cat attack. They’re gonna live, but should I give the guy one of them, as they are less likely to attack the other chicks? Or does it not make a difference?)

Here are pics of the two flocks.
Hi,

Back
Top Bottom