mixing ages

slimwidegrin

Hatching
7 Years
Jan 14, 2013
east TN
Hey to all,
I got a shipment of day olds in the mail and lost more than half of them. Not a good start to my first flock. The company seemed surprised and said they would refill the whole order and I still had huge losses in the second shipment. So now I have two batches that are a week apart in age and in separate brooder pens. What I need to know is if it is safe to co-mingle them now that the last batch is over a week old? Will the older ones pick/peck on the smaller ones? I could not bear it if I lost any more at this young age. Thanks to anyone with time to respond.......

Hey to all,
I got a shipment of day olds in the mail and lost more than half of them. Not a good start to my first flock. The company seemed surprised and said they would refill the whole order and I still had huge losses in the second shipment. So now I have two batches that are a week apart in age and in separate brooder pens. What I need to know is if it is safe to co-mingle them now that the last batch is over a week old? Will the older ones pick/peck on the smaller ones? I could not bear it if I lost any more at this young age. Thanks to anyone with time to respond.......
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do. Lovely view of heaven, but I'd rather be with you. - Grateful Dead, Standing On The Moon

Back
Top Bottom