MJ's Challenge ~ The Voyage Out

I think it's 11 this week as I had to ask last week. :D
I got a bit ahead but will go back. I am about ready to strangle all of the characters. Each one is worse than the last except a few who are so undeveloped as to be irrelevant.
the occasional paragraphs with almost poetic language are interesting, but even they appear randomly scattered.
I am actually interested to read her next work to see if it is better!

I got a bit ahead but will go back. I am about ready to strangle all of the characters. Each one is worse than the last except a few who are so undeveloped as to be irrelevant.
the occasional paragraphs with almost poetic language are interesting, but even they appear randomly scattered.
Sorry.
I know, who am I to judge a classic author? I am just saying how I feel. I am sure I am not appreciating it properly.
:oops:

Sorry.
I know, who am I to judge a classic author? I am just saying how I feel. I am sure I am not appreciating it properly.
:oops:
You forget: my degree is in this stuff & I've never finished a Woolfe. :lau I am finding her rather pretentious & false so I can't say I'm enjoying her either. ;)

Me too! I plan to read all her novels in sequence and I'm very much looking forward to to the lighthouse, which is said to be among her best.

I'm two weeks behind now because I'm taking a very long time to read the book for the bookclub I'm in and I'm supposedly leading its discussion Monday night. I'm hoping to push through two chapters today and another two tomorrow but I'm not disciplined enough to interpret the text quickly. It's an important book and relevant to the bookclub's purpose, so I keep on being diligent and re-reading the tricky parts to get them in my head.

Ultimately it's good for me to undergo a stretch reading adventure, but the voyage out has been relegated to the wait list until I'm done with the hard book.

I'm two weeks behind now because I'm taking a very long time to read the book for the bookclub I'm in and I'm supposedly leading its discussion Monday night. I'm hoping to push through two chapters today and another two tomorrow but I'm not disciplined enough to interpret the text quickly. It's an important book and relevant to the bookclub's purpose, so I keep on being diligent and re-reading the tricky parts to get them in my head.

Ultimately it's good for me to undergo a stretch reading adventure, but the voyage out has been relegated to the wait list until I'm done with the hard book.
I diligently read all day yesterday and I only made it chapter 8 of the Hard Book. Hoping I can get through chapters 8 & 9 before tonight's discussion 😬 it's not the volume, there are only 92 pages to go to the very end, it's the heft. Anyway, I'd better get on with it...

I diligently read all day yesterday and I only made it chapter 8 of the Hard Book. Hoping I can get through chapters 8 & 9 before tonight's discussion 😬 it's not the volume, there are only 92 pages to go to the very end, it's the heft. Anyway, I'd better get on with it...
Wow. I hope the last bit is easier.

What is the Hard Book for the book club?

Back
Top Bottom