MJ's little flock

She was. She knew all about brooding and I think she'd do a good job with few eggs.

Is it OK to see a picture of your new coop?
It’s not here yet but this is the product pic. It will go in their netted run and they are free ranging from dawn to dark atm.
A01BCB07-7AAC-41D2-93F2-F61B6B8CAC9E.jpeg

Ooo looks pretty good Scrambles!
I hope so, looked good for a prefab.
I bought a tin of good weatherproof exterior paint when I was considering building a coop during the year then realised it might be above my skill level.

Still deciding if I will use it, it’s a blue but the white it is already painted with might be better for heat reflection. Maybe wait and repaint it with the blue if it starts looking shabby down the track 🤷🏻‍♀️

I bought a tin of good weatherproof exterior paint when I was considering building a coop during the year then realised it might be above my skill level.

Still deciding if I will use it, it’s a blue but the white it is already painted with might be better for heat reflection. Maybe wait and repaint it with the blue if it starts looking shabby down the track 🤷🏻‍♀️
The paint will be totally fine after a good shake. The Bunnings near me will re-shake paint tins if you ask nicely.

That's handy.
My problem is that Hattie and Sydney lay eggs almost identical in color. I did not check for eggs yesterday and I got two today, one in the Cluckle Hut, one in the main coop. Now did Sydney lay in both places or is Hattie laying again? Here are the two eggs. The one from the main coop could be darker but I can't be certain.

The one on the bottom is from the main coop.
20220120_140247.jpg

With Sansa I had 3 eggs I could not tell apart.

I could track Phyllis, white eggs and Lilly, weird colored eggs (don't really need a program to track her 3 or 4 eggs). Otherwise I would have to have a joint section for Hattie/Sydney.

I would paint it every year no matter what. They can deteriorate pretty quickly. That is very soft wood which they use.

Back
Top Bottom