MJ's little flock

My problem is that Hattie and Sydney lay eggs almost identical in color. I did not check for eggs yesterday and I got two today, one in the Cluckle Hut, one in the main coop. Now did Sydney lay in both places or is Hattie laying again? Here are the two eggs. The one from the main coop could be darker but I can't be certain.

The one on the bottom is from the main coop.
View attachment 2966941

With Sansa I had 3 eggs I could not tell apart.

I could track Phyllis, white eggs and Lilly, weird colored eggs (don't really need a program to track her 3 or 4 eggs). Otherwise I would have to have a joint section for Hattie/Sydney.
Yeh, that's tricky! Those eggs do have different shapes but I doubt shape is a reliable indicator.

My problem is that Hattie and Sydney lay eggs almost identical in color. I did not check for eggs yesterday and I got two today, one in the Cluckle Hut, one in the main coop. Now did Sydney lay in both places or is Hattie laying again? Here are the two eggs. The one from the main coop could be darker but I can't be certain.

View attachment 2966941

I could track Phyllis, white eggs and Lilly, weird colored eggs (don't really need a program to track her 3 or 4 eggs). Otherwise I would have to have a joint section for Hattie/Sydney.
I see how that could make things difficult!
Are Aurora’s different again, sorry can’t remember.
The bottom one does look a pinch darker but it could be the lighting.
Mine lay completely different eggs so it’s easier and only having the 2 also.

Yeh, that's tricky! Those eggs do have different shapes but I doubt shape is a reliable indicator.
They are mature layers so shape can be used but it would be Hattie's first so the shape may not yet be settled. Aurora's are a different color brown, almost a glossy pink, so I could do her as well. 🤔

The girls say hello and that they are super excited for Ivy and Peggy’s upcoming peepers 🤗
F84BA538-879F-4638-9938-7BAA55779E54.jpeg

View attachment 2966941

I'd be betting on the bottom one being Sydney's. The texture of the shell is different & looks just like Hepzibah's.

The girls say hello and that they are super excited for Ivy and Peggy’s upcoming peepers 🤗
View attachment 2966968
Peggy and Ivy say Hi!

IMG_2022-01-14-19-37-08-797.jpg

(They are very tired of waiting and getting a little grumpy. I offered back or foot rubs but got a resounding NO)

Back
Top Bottom