MJ's little flock

Actually I meant the whole keeping chicken business.:oops::D
Oh! Yes, of course. Why would someone who can provide sufficient space for hens and who knows the benefits for both hens and garden not keep them? Chickens are here for as long as I can manage their care, and probably long after that too.

That's what I thought you meant. Hence my confusion on her answer.
My bad Bob. I assumed Shad knew I was commited to keeping hens. I'm not sure how I gave him a hint that I wasn't 🤔

The first three were taken by foxes, but I kept going.

I built a big, safe run for them.

I take them to the vet at the drop of a hat.

I continue the v slow process of building the new roost whenever I have 30 minutes to spare on a weekend.

I'd have thought my commitment to and delight in the hens was pretty clear.

I've just called Mark the vet to ask about kefir and he said broadly speaking, dairy's not good for them and cottage cheese doesn't really count as dairy. I said kefir has v similar fat profile to cottage cheese. He said give it a try in v small quantities daily, see how Jan gets on and watch for ill effects.

Hmmm I'm tempted to try the chicken probiotic powder Lozzy found instead of kefir.
I got the 90g pot. My scales don’t do .5 of a gram so I do 8g per 1.5L (1L isn’t really enough for the three of them and 2L is a waste). It says to do that for five days and then drop to (0.5?)g per litre. Not sure how long for? @BY Bob might know how long term it should be for?

I've just called Mark the vet to ask about kefir and he said broadly speaking, dairy's not good for them and cottage cheese doesn't really count as dairy. I said kefir has v similar fat profile to cottage cheese. He said give it a try in v small quantities daily, see how Jan gets on and watch for ill effects.
Kefir is like cottage cheese in that the lactose is gone as well.

Back
Top Bottom