MJ's little flock

The pullets have met the hens.

Peggy has blammed Lorna and Edie. Then Ivy blammed Katie and spat out a feather! To be fair, Ivy was rather surprised to find someone else's feather in her beak. I'm pretty sure it simply fell out of her mouth when her jaw dropped.

The pullets have graduated themselves to eating the hens' pellets when they're out and about. Apparently it's a convenience thing, their own food being waaaay over there.

I've put up the temporary fence around the chick zone. Pretty sure chicks will be safe from Peggy now. They probably would've been anyway but I'd rather apply an abundance of caution than bury another murdered chick.

So, I'm on my hatch-listening seat near the nest. A few times I've thought I heard a faint peep but couldn't be sure. It might've been one of the pullets.

I've put up the temporary fence around the chick zone. Pretty sure chicks will be safe from Peggy now. They probably would've been anyway but I'd rather apply an abundance of caution than bury another murdered chick.

So, I'm on my hatch-listening seat near the nest. A few times I've thought I heard a faint peep but couldn't be sure. It might've been one of the pullets.
Fingers crossed! :fl

Sometimes it pays to keep a close eye on the laundry as it goes around.

View attachment 3333739
I just love this! You better watch out or they will be demanding their own machine. It would be interesting to show them some of those videos they have for entertaining cats - like goldfish swimming across the screen. I bet they will upgrade from laundry to full length feature films in no time!

I just love this! You better watch out or they will be demanding their own machine. It would be interesting to show them some of those videos they have for entertaining cats - like goldfish swimming across the screen. I bet they will upgrade from laundry to full length feature films in no time!
I'll give it a try next time I'm keeping them company!

It has to be said, they loved the Peter Gabriel video the other night.

On the other hand, they're probably bored stiff and fascinated by anything that isn't "this damned laundry coop we're in"

Back
Top Bottom