MJ's little flock

Hmm Mary got up for poop n snacks. She wasn't up long, no more than 10 minutes.

Would that have done anything to the eggs/chicks? Maybe she knows the eggs are duds?
I didn't remember about the "lockdown", so I took Chipie off her nest until D.Day
as she didn't get off it on her own, for about 10 minutes (she always got back on her own). 4/5 eggs hatched, so I can't imagine that it did any harm.

Diana may be old and scruffy. She may have reproductive issues. But she still has some moves!

5C47F5BD-2611-4BD0-B9DC-11429EC1D378.jpeg
7A916373-6A3D-4166-B4E2-A8B2FCD39FF3.jpeg

I didn't remember about the "lockdown", so I took Chipie off her nest until D.Day
as she didn't get off it on her own, for about 10 minutes (she always got back on her own). 4/5 eggs hatched, so I can't imagine that it did any harm.
Thank you so much for that Manue!

I was very impressed particularly given the lack of feathers to give her ‘lift’.
That reminds me - I must dig up a photo of Bernie from a few days ago because to me it shows she really does have long legs.
OK here are two pictures from the coop cam so they are a bit fuzzy.
In the first Diana and Bernie share a pre-bed time drink (so cute). Diana is on the second step of the staircase and Bernie is on the ground and down hill a bit. She is definitely tall!
The second is Bernie going up the stairs to bed. She tackles the stairs like a human does - one foot in front of the other and up she marches. Most of the chickens do more of a hop up each step. They can do what Bernie is doing but it usually takes some wing action. Bernie’s long legs allow her to stride up.
Sorry, long post, but I know you remember and were interested in Bernie’s whole lameness saga.
72D9ADD4-D2AE-4A39-9FF4-96EC341BF0B8.jpeg
2DCD71BB-F6D2-44D7-AA91-3F8FDAA58A43.jpeg

Last edited:
OK here are two pictures from the coop cam so they are a bit fuzzy.
In the first Diana and Bernie share a pre-bed time drink (so cute). Diana is on the second step of the staircase and Bernie is on the ground and down hill a bit. She is definitely tall!
The second is Bernie going up the stairs to bed. She tackles the stairs like a human does - one foot in front of the other and up she marches. Most of the chickens do more of a hop up each step. They can do what Bernie is doing but it usually takes some wing action. Bernie’s long legs allow her to stride up.
Sorry, long post, but I know you remember and were interested in Bernie’s whole lameness saga.
View attachment 3334270View attachment 3334271
Don't apologise! Look at Bernadette Longshanks striding up the stairs! She's magnificent.

Back
Top Bottom