MJ's little flock

I sure that you did a superior job of hiding them through the maelstrom. Don't underplay your role. Nicely done!
Yes, I took the brunt of it. I was astonished by the scare tactics, which went well out of bounds, and how our work hadn't been noticed until the 11th hour when we published about it, sought feedback widely, and of course ran it through the boards we report to for feedback, amendments, and approvals, upon which some of the surprised angry people sit! I found their surprise and offense at not having been in the loop inexplicable. Do people snooze through the board and committee decisions they themselves vote on? Luckily my resilience was formed in a rather hot fire, so I decided to laugh it off when people around me were pushing for disciplinary action against the scare tacticians.

Yes, I took the brunt of it. I was astonished by the scare tactics, which went well out of bounds, and how our work hadn't been noticed until the 11th hour when we published about it, sought feedback widely, and of course ran it through the boards we report to for feedback, amendments, and approvals, upon which some of the surprised angry people sit! I found their surprise and offense at not having been in the loop inexplicable. Do people snooze through the board and committee decisions they themselves vote on? Luckily my resilience was formed in a rather hot fire, so I decided to laugh it off when people around me were pushing for disciplinary action against the scare tacticians.
I truly admire what you did here. It is quite a gift to your community. Congratulations again! It is very impressive.

People can be so disappointing and yet you persevered. It is extremely hard to stay cool when everyone else is hot. It speaks very well of you as person.

I will however be very frank and say I am not surprised at all. I have always found you to be unflappable. Well done.

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

Is this usually a topic that attracts people’s ire? I’m sorry you had to endure so much bad behaviour and glad that your resilience is furnace-forged!

Is this usually a topic that attracts people’s ire? I’m sorry you had to endure so much bad behaviour and glad that your resilience is furnace-forged!
Mainly the ire of people who hadn't noticed the project was underway or people who thought a discursive approach was a mistake.

I'm calling it a stretch leadership opportunity :gig

Of course, we will honour the objections with our full consideration and I've requested the objections be anonymised so we're not biased in our thinking.

I truly admire what you did here. It is quite a gift to your community. Congratulations again! It is very impressive.

People can be so disappointing and yet you persevered. It is extremely hard to stay cool when everyone else is hot. It speaks very well of you as person.

I will however be very frank and say I am not surprised at all. I have always found you to be unflappable. Well done.

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap
I flapped but only a little. Peggy-style (flap flap sigh). Not Janet style (flap flap FLAP FLAAP FLYING FLAPPIIIIING. Made it. Phew.)

Mainly the ire of people who hadn't noticed the project was underway or people who thought a discursive approach was a mistake.

I'm calling it a stretch leadership opportunity :gig

Of course, we will honour the objections with our full consideration and I've requested the objections be anonymised so we're not biased in our thinking.
They don't deserve you.

Back
Top Bottom