MJ's little flock

The committee I chair had a big win yesterday and now the ICT profession in Australia has a more aspirational code of ethics. There was some (very loud and bullying) resistance but in the end those in resistance failed to drum up sufficient support, even with scare-mongering tactics. So, the committee's labours have been fruitful.
Well done you! 👏 Is ICT Information and Communications Technology? What sort of ethics were you aspiring to and what was the pushback?

Well done you! 👏 Is ICT Information and Communications Technology? What sort of ethics were you aspiring to and what was the pushback?
Yes it is.

The objections were mostly aimed at the way in which the new code is expressed. They wanted a lot of musts and shalls. We went with a lot of expected tos.

The main goal was for the society to speak to its members in a discursive and maybe even persuasive tone, rather than the previous didactic tone.

O
The committee I chair had a big win yesterday and now the ICT profession in Australia has a more aspirational code of ethics. There was some (very loud and bullying) resistance but in the end those in resistance failed to drum up sufficient support, even with scare-mongering tactics. So, the committee's labours have been fruitful.
Well done.

Ivy gave them a detailed examination. I pulled out a seed and showed it to Janet.

As far as I'm aware, none of the hens have taken a peck yet.
When Gaston and his squad first encountered a sunflower they were terrified.
It took them a few days to understand it was food and it wouldn't peck them back. Once they did, there was not a sunflower seed that could resist Gaston's powerful beak.
IMG_20220930_152500.jpg

Congratulations. It must feel like quite an achievement after so much work.
It's a relief. I'm happy to know we can move on to the next projects. Also, it was rather a lot of stress for a voluntary, unpaid leadership! On the other hand, it'll probably help my employer to promote me this year :gig

I've got a sparrow problem again. When the tradie put the roof on the roost, he cut through some of my sparrow defences. I've put myself on 'watch and build defences' duty.

On the weekend I tied a huge hole closed. Since I did that, once they're in, they can't get out. I haven't yet spied how they're getting in. Maybe today I'll take my work outdoors and keep an eye on the sparrow situation.
You can do this! You have won before.

Congratulations! A code of ethics is never a bad thing. That's awesome! :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

Back
Top Bottom