MJ's little flock

Would it be worth her getting a Suprelorin implant?
I can't say because I haven't seen her reproductive system. And even if I had, I still couldn't judge whether an implant would be a good idea.

Mark has done both of those things and so far she's thriving under his treatment. So I'll continue on with the monthly checks until he changes her treatment.

Immediately after her surgery he said he doubted she'd ever ovulate again, but just in case we need to keep an eye on her. Maybe an implant would be excessive? Or an option to deploy if she ever does show a sign of ovulating?

I was surprised by that too - but I believe it is very tricky surgery so maybe he didn't want to risk it.
I would be tempted to go with the Suprelorin or Depo-Provera implant.
I will be very interested to hear what he says on that.
That's what I recall him saying. It wasn't feasible on the day and it's unlikely she'll ovulate anyway, but he's keeping an eye on her just in case.

If she does ovulate that would probably be a good moment to go with either a second surgery or an implant.

He does seem to be someone who prefers to not over-treat his patients. At the same time, it's all treating symptoms (and maybe cause) until the hen is opened up and then he can actually see what the cause is and target treatment with greater effectiveness.

And it has be said: she is flourishing.

So are Peggy and Mary. Even Janet is doing ok at present.

Last edited:
So far so good.
Miss Sylvie Longshanks is an athlete and doesn’t seem to have any leg problems. She also looks absolutely nothing like Bernie (apart from having long legs) so maybe they aren’t the same breed.
Sylvie is also quite the beauty queen.
And a video from the big storm last night - poor babies!

View attachment 3573019View attachment 3573020

Silvie is a lovely looking hen. She reminds me of Moon a lot when she was that age.:love

Here's the lady of the hour, tanking up before turning in.

IMG_2023-07-13-17-13-42-589.jpg

Back
Top Bottom