MJ's little flock

I know I'm nosey, but is that a Singer treadle sowing machine in the other room?
Yes, it was my Nana's :D actually all the furniture in that shot are family pieces. The dining table and chairs and the sideboard were made by a great great uncle.

Yes, it was my Nana's :D actually all the furniture in that shot are family pieces. The dining table and chairs and the sideboard were made by a great great uncle.
I used to have one, minus the sowing machine. I made a insert out of wood to go in the hole where the machine sat.:D

My friend has one minus the machine too! The one in the photo is complete but its drive belt snapped :(
If my memory serves me there is a car fan belt that fits. You used to be able to get spares but I don't know about now. I took out the entire metal frame that the machine swung on.

I often bemoan not having my Nana's old treadle Singer sewing machine but I am the youngest in the extended family and was never asked. I wonder if one of my cousins took it? 🤔

The news is Janet is completely healed now :D but Peggy has a pancreatic insufficiency and will stay on enzymes at half dose for the time being. She has a follow up in a month. I'll take Ivy along for company and a check up.

Hmm I wonder if her old feather eating habit damaged her pancreas.
Great news on Janet. 👍

Peggy's situation is interesting. I cannot see any biological connection between feathers and pancreatic insufficiency.

Back
Top Bottom