MJ's little flock

I'm trying to think of how to get Peggy into a routine of eating alone. Of the four chooks, she's the one who's fanatic about eating with the others. Her obsession is so blinding she doesn't even see her own special food bowl. This is how I came to give them all enzymes. I have to try harder to establish a habit of Peggy eating alone.
This is quite a hard thing to accomplish. Chickens eat more if they eat with the flock. They've done some research on it. I guess it's a family meal type thing. You might achieve similar results with adjusting the treats you give her. You know I'm a meat and fish fan for chickens.;)
This is what I do here if I'm trying to get more food down one and they are not contained.

While the boys were fighting........
P6063793.JPG

This is quite a hard thing to accomplish. Chickens eat more if they eat with the flock. They've done some research on it. I guess it's a family meal type thing. You might achieve similar results with adjusting the treats you give her. You know I'm a meat and fish fan for chickens.;)
This is what I do here if I'm trying to get more food down one and they are not contained.
Last night I had Peggy and her bowl in the henhouse and the other three with their bowls right beside her but outside the henhouse. That sort of worked until the other thre walked off. I'll try that approach again tonight but with more food provided for the al fresco diners. Perhaps they'll linger beside her if there's food to be had.

But I hear what you're saying about medicated treats and I'll try that if the isolated dining doesn't work out.

IMG20200606164955.jpg

Last edited:
Last night I had Peggy and her bowl in the henhouse and the other three with their bowls right beside her but outside the henhouse. That sort of worked until the other thre walked off. I'll try that approach again tonight but with more food provided for the al fresco diners. Perhaps they'll linger beside her if there's food to be had.

View attachment 2180317
That may just work. Smart!

But I hear what you're saying about medicated treats and I'll try that if the isolated dining doesn't work out.

View attachment 2180317
Oh, gosh! What a lovely picture! 😻 Your a smart lady so I'm sure you'll figure out something that works. :) :hugs

Oh, gosh! What a lovely picture! 😻 Your a smart lady so I'm sure you'll figure out something that works. :) :hugs
I hope so, it'll be trial and error for a while but if enzymes are part of Peggy's life now, we just have to establish new feeding habits.

Back
Top Bottom