MJ's little flock

How special!!! I just love the level of trust displayed when this happens. I did have to laugh though. So glad I'm not the only one * herding chickens* :)

I herd chickens every night!! I have a forked stick I use to gently guide them the way I want them to go. Rex has become a great chicken herder! If one sneaks off into the woods, I'll give him the command to 'find the chicken', he'll go into the woods and use his nose to push them toward the house. Once they are back over the creek and on the lawn, Rex lets them alone and they usually pair back up with the flock. I'm quite proud of the dog Rex is becoming, and I honestly didn't think I would ever trust him.

I herd chickens every night!! I have a forked stick I use to gently guide them the way I want them to go. Rex has become a great chicken herder! If one sneaks off into the woods, I'll give him the command to 'find the chicken', he'll go into the woods and use his nose to push them toward the house. Once they are back over the creek and on the lawn, Rex lets them alone and they usually pair back up with the flock. I'm quite proud of the dog Rex is becoming, and I honestly didn't think I would ever trust him.
What a well trained dog. That is so helpful. I'm going to have to come by for coffee and chicken herding some time!

I feel like they are denying their intentions like, 'who us? no were not looking for anything...' {enter whistling chicken noises here}

That being said, this is a lovely picture! I'm thinking of redecorating my living room and I'm thinking I would love to add some of the pictures from these groups to my walls. Would anyone be willing to send me the pictures directly?
Of course. Let me know which picture you want if any and I'll PM you a full size image.

I use a broken fishing rod to gently encourage them in the right direction but by 3.30 pm most of them are already in the coop run screaming for their dinner. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom