MJ's little flock

This is the sort of music my YD was trained in. ;) I like it too. I've put up this one because the words are there. :lau

Thanks for linking that Ribh. I still don't know how to post videos :rolleyes: There was a nice one of a women's choir holding candles on you tube too, though the soprano hit a couple of iffy notes ;)

Thanks for linking that Ribh. I still don't know how to post videos :rolleyes: There was a nice one of a women's choir holding candles on you tube too, though the soprano hit a couple of iffy notes ;)
You're welcome. :) This is such difficult music to sing well. It was scored differently & without the regular beats per bar we are used to. YD's children's ensemble did something called The Swan. It was months & months of work & the kids really struggled to get a feel for how it worked. I'm not much of a musician & easily impressed. :D

The things I love about this particular video is that it's in the chapel of King's College, which is an utterly wonderful place, and that organ and King's Choir is leading a wider congregation in the singing

YD did a summer school with The King's Singers @ Royal Holloway, University of London. Not only beautiful but lovely acoustics as well! *sigh*

YD did a summer school with The King's Singers @ Royal Holloway, University of London. Not only beautiful but lovely acoustics as well! *sigh*
A friend of mine was at the royal holloway for a while - that was a few years ago now. Is it a former prison? Have i remembered that right? If so I'm glad it's being reused for something as joyous as music

First heat wave of summer

It's going to be 39C today, 41 tomorrow, 42 on Thursday and 43 on Friday before breaking to 25 on Saturday.

Then hens will be kept in the henhouse within the misting system, and allowed out to play for a couple of hours first thing in the morning and at the end of the day.

I've been giving lots of water to the plants in the hope they'll survive.

Blossom will be indoors through the worst of it, under the air conditioning.

I'm going for a swim in a friend's pool then lunch with some colleagues at the art gallery before coming home to recuperate in the cool :)

First heat wave of summer

It's going to be 39C today, 41 tomorrow, 42 on Thursday and 43 on Friday before breaking to 25 on Saturday.

Then hens will be kept in the henhouse within the misting system, and allowed out to play for a couple of hours first thing in the morning and at the end of the day.

I've been giving lots of water to the plants in the hope they'll survive.

Blossom will be indoors through the worst of it, under the air conditioning.

I'm going for a swim in a friend's pool then lunch with some colleagues at the art gallery before coming home to recuperate in the cool :)

You and your girls stay safe! I think we’re only going to get into the 30s but I’ll pop the weeper soaker hose on for a bit (Only a bit though, as we’re on Level 2 water restrictions :().

Back
Top Bottom