MJ's little flock

Hooray for rain! I'm sorry for you azaleas. The rain has to be good news though.

Beautiful pic MJ. Another one for framing (or to use as wallpaper)!

That was long enough.

Mary, "did you get the picture?"

Janet, "I told you this was going to take forever"

Sandy, " I got nowhere else to be, what's the hurry"

Mary, " well some of us do, humpf!"

Janet, "Come on lady, you get 2 more seconds. 1 one thousand, 2 one thousand....... that's it I'm out!"

Sandy, "OOOOO, Is that a bug?"

You need a photographic assistant standing by to keep their attention with Mealy worms :lol:

You need a photographic assistant standing by to keep their attention with Mealy worms :lol:
Framing I think. If I can get another shot like that in winter when the grass is green it'll be perfection!

I think there's a lot to be said for hybrid vigour. I'd prefer self-bred chickens but it's hard to buy them, I've only been able to find ISA browns/hyline browns or heritage purebreeds for sale. Breeding my own isn't likely.

So...

Mary is an Australorp. She might look funny if you're familiar with American Australorps, which look quite different from Australian Australorps. Mary looks very Australian with her cascading Orpington tail and big dark eyes.

Janet is allegedly a Barnevelder but her legs aren't yellow and her eggs aren't dark brown.

Sandy is a red hybrid laying hen of some description. ISA brown or hyline brown at a guess.

Why am I picturing a children's photographer standing behind her with a giant stuffed mealy worm that squeaks going

look at the mealy worm

Squeak squeak

Look at the mealy worm, delicious mealy worm

Squeak squeak

:gig :gig

Back
Top Bottom