MJ's little flock

Well, it is a bit strange. Like humans, they all come form the same ancestors. Do we ascribe behavioral characteristics to breeds of humans? I rather hope not although it seems in some parts of the world some still try.
Excellent point!

My great-grandfather provided the house in which I now live for his wife and daughters. Those things you name may well have been his :)

I'm very lucky to live within walls that have always been treasured and that have protected generations before me. I love this old place :love🏡

How lovely! Your pictures of the place had that grandparent "feel" to it. And i mean that in a totally loved and comforting way :)

Same with the Australorps! American Australorps look very different from Australian Australorps. Yet the very term 'Australian Australorps' seems weird to me.

Same with Araucanas. Alice looks nothing like the American Araucana. She has a tail and no ear tufts

Oh, and good luck with your chook adoption today. I hope the "right" hens choose you.

I don't know why people still insist on ascribing behavioral characteristics to chicken breeds.
There have been lots of posts and threads on this and it becomes apparent after a bit of reading that what was well behaved and friendly for one was a nightmare for another. But, the myths still roll on.:confused:

You have caught me. I was doing what I have railed about for years. :oops:

For a long time I fought with everyone here who said that leghorns were flighty unfriendly birds. I would post stores and pictures of Elphie and Daisy, greatest hen ever, on every thread that falsely described them. It's just not so. Every bird is unique.

Then last night I slandered Wyandottes by repeating what I have heard. Shame on me.

My apologies to Wyandottes everywhere.

Thank you for the reminder.

Every chicken is an individual with an individual personality that reacts to the environment in which they live, sometimes positively and sometimes negatively.

Except for those Rhode Island Reds, they are all bossy and mean! 😉

You have caught me. I was doing what I have railed about for years. :oops:

For a long time I fought with everyone here who said that leghorns were flighty unfriendly birds. I would post stores and pictures of Elphie and Daisy, greatest hen ever, on every thread that falsely described them. It's just not so. Every bird is unique.

Then last night I slandered Wyandottes by repeating what I have heard. Shame on me.

My apologies to Wyandottes everywhere.

Thank you for the reminder.

Every chicken is an individual with an individual personality that reacts to the environment in which they live, sometimes positively and sometimes negatively.

Except for those Rhode Island Reds, they are all bossy and mean! 😉
Stop!! Maggie is RIR and the only person being bossed around is me! Still much missed Scary, was RIR too and she couldn't say boo to a goose let alone be mean to anyone. I know you are teasing but I have to defend my Princesses!

Back
Top Bottom