MJ's little flock

Good afternoon Cafe.
The sun is shining. Nice big patches of blue sky showing. The storms have moved into Southern France.
Got a vehicle route open to the bottom of the land here. Two guys with Bobcats and a few of us with chain saws got the worst of the damage cleared during the night and this morning.
Still need to do the track from the bottom of the land to the house. It will have to wait for a few days. It's just one big wet sandy mud slide and whatever you take from the bottom just gets replaced by stuff sliding down from the top. I'll get a footpath cut in later this afternoon and that will have to do for a bit.
Good morning Shad :frow sounds like a lot of physically demanding work putting things right. Hope it all goes well for you and your neighbours. Thought you might like to know you posted this in my thread and not the cafe. I thought I should mention in case you wonder why the cafe folks are clueless about all your track repair work. At least the sun is out to assist the drying, although it wouldn't have much heat in it in Catalonia at this time of year. All the best with the rebuilding mate. Hope your earth house kept you snug through the storms and hope the tribes are ok.

It just occurred to me that Peggy's rather clever to have learned feather plucking and eating in the first place. So she ought to be able to unlearn it too.

Or she'll get the better of me and we'll know I'm dumber than a 14 week old pullet. Mortifying! So I really hope I can gently outsmart her.

Good morning Shad :frow sounds like a lot of physically demanding work putting things right. Hope it all goes well for you and your neighbours. Thought you might like to know you posted this in my thread and not the cafe. I thought I should mention in case you wonder why the cafe folks are clueless about all your track repair work. At least the sun is out to assist the drying, although it wouldn't have much heat in it in Catalonia at this time of year. All the best with the rebuilding mate. Hope your earth house kept you snug through the storms and hope the tribes are ok.
Thanks MJ. Guess I'm a bit tired.:confused:

"So how long do I have to stand like this for the egg to come out?"
P1132356.JPG

Good afternoon Cafe.
The sun is shining. Nice big patches of blue sky showing. The storms have moved into Southern France.
Got a vehicle route open to the bottom of the land here. Two guys with Bobcats and a few of us with chain saws got the worst of the damage cleared during the night and this morning.
Still need to do the track from the bottom of the land to the house. It will have to wait for a few days. It's just one big wet sandy mud slide and whatever you take from the bottom just gets replaced by stuff sliding down from the top. I'll get a footpath cut in later this afternoon and that will have to do for a bit.

I am glad things are getting back into order. It’s nice to hear that you all work together to repair the situation.

That's kind, but it's not a pretty look. I'm pleased that it's antiseptic, insect repelling, and it camouflages the things Peggy's predisposed to peck at.

While I'd prefer Peggy had never had to adapt to her prior environment in this way, she's only a young pullet and it's not her fault. Also, I'm learning important lessons in how to care for bleeding feather shafts and it's a valuable opportunity to observe a chicken un-learning a bad habit and beginning to flourish.

It should also make you very proud that you rescued her from that environment. Obviously it was not a positive situation for them. Thank you for giving them a good loving home. I am certain they will repay you in entertainment for ears to come. Win Win.

It should also make you very proud that you rescued her from that environment. Obviously it was not a positive situation for them. Thank you for giving them a good loving home. I am certain they will repay you in entertainment for ears to come. Win Win.
Thanks @BY Bob I hope so :)

Back
Top Bottom