MJ's little flock

@Shadrach may I ask your opinion?

The pullets sleep in the little coop and the hens in the henhouse. Every day I see fewer pecking order negotiations and more closeness.

Here's my question. In the mornings, I let the hens out first. Then they stand by the little coop looking in as I open up. No pecking, just watching and looking into the little coop. This has happened three days in a row.

Do you think they're checking the pullets got through the night ok? Or maybe asserting themselves?
Very different perhaps. But my cats are joining every morning when I'm letting the chickens out. One of them is very interested in the chickens, but the boss lady cat is not even caring so much about the chickens, she just likes to join in and see everything that is going on. I have the feeling they want to see what we are doing, they watch us handling the chickens and it seems to me they are just busy understanding what the chickens mean to us. So not a very educated guess, but somehow it makes a lot of sense to me if they are checking out how you interact with the new ones.

@Shadrach may I ask your opinion?

The pullets sleep in the little coop and the hens in the henhouse. Every day I see fewer pecking order negotiations and more closeness.

Here's my question. In the mornings, I let the hens out first. Then they stand by the little coop looking in as I open up. No pecking, just watching and looking into the little coop. This has happened three days in a row.

Do you think they're checking the pullets got through the night ok? Or maybe asserting themselves?

I would guess curiosity. Were they allowed in that coop before?

I would guess curiosity. Were they allowed in that coop before?
Yes, it's Mary's preferred nest box. Janet lays in there too. Sandy used to lay there. All three hens use the ground floor for shelter when it's raining or for shade.

Ivy's tail is coming along nicely

IMG20200203181116.jpg

Three sleepy beauties :love

IMG20200203182653.jpg

Back
Top Bottom