MJ's little flock

Mag and Bracket with her trail of chicks.
P2212588.JPG

And what a beautiful young lady she is. You did good spraying her. A full tail will help her to fly better. Is she still breaking out?
Only twice so far this week! It's a big change.

She's nearly as tall as Mary now, but she's still more lanky than filled out. I guess as she gets heavier she'll be less inclined to hop the fence.

She's a jolly little chicken, always running around in sheer youthful joy. She has no idea how big she is.

Apart from the tail spray, have you made other changes that might help to discourage feather picking?
They were living in close confinement at the fodder store. At my house they have maybe 30 or 40 times more space and open sky above and some cover too. Dust bathing is available to them now. A range of food. A range of water dispensers. Fewer other chickens. Even the henhouse is 3-4 times larger than their space at the fodder store.

I think there's been a lot more opportunity for them to be at peace.

Maybe Peggy would've given up feather plucking of her own accord? But I still needed to spray Ivy's tail for the antibacterial and insect repellent benefits.

Only twice so far this week! It's a big change.

She's nearly as tall as Mary now, but she's still more lanky than filled out. I guess as she gets heavier she'll be less inclined to hop the fence.

She's a jolly little chicken, always running around in sheer youthful joy. She has no idea how big she is.

I love that age. She is very pretty. I wonder how big she will be?

Back
Top Bottom