MJ's little flock

Endeavour is growing on me. I love Shetland, which is back on! All that wild, windswept landscape. :lol: And Vera. The result of a misspent childhood.My mother is a fan of all the British crime dramas. I corrupted my girls with Jonathon Creek.:lau Youngest & I have windmill envy. :gig Youngest returned the favour by introducing me to Sherlock. I thought I'd hate it after the books but I didn't. It's witty & funny & very, very clever. ;) I can't abide all the reality shows Australian tv seems to consist of these days so I either stream or revert to you tube. I don't often run into someone else with my taste in drama & I don't watch for the sake of something to do. As I keep telling the man: There's an off button; learn how to use it! :lau
Endeavour, Shetland, Vera yes yes yes! Sherlock yes but sometimes the character is too unlikeable. Johnathan Creek never really stuck.

I can't even begin to describe how much i loathe reality tv. Bunch of narcissists being shallow, no thanks.

Endeavour, Shetland, Vera yes yes yes! Sherlock yes but sometimes the character is too unlikeable. Johnathan Creek never really stuck.

I can't even begin to describe how much i loathe reality tv. Bunch of narcissists being shallow, no thanks.

This!

Well, it's Caroline Quentine who does it for me in Jonathon Creek. It was never the same once they lost her. She was that good, IMO. I don't mind unlikable characters usually. Snape was my HP character. Barmy & bad usually works for me! :lau :lau :lau But then I grew up on a brilliant little BBC spy gem called Callan. They were all barmy & bad & it was very dark indeed.

ETA: Have you run into the new Van der Valk. ABC is screening.

Ooh, is Shetland back on? Great! I was getting into it and then fell behind. Both hubby and I had Scottish grannies so I have a soft spot for a Scottish accent.

Reality TV - not really my cup of tea. I have watched a few things but usually only the one season. The last one I watched; I knew one of the contestants. It’s heavily edited, producers badger them to pass comment so they paint people as villains, then they drop them like a hot potato with no mental health support when the haters start trolling them online. And of course, the producers will look for people who will get everyone else’s back up just for the drama. My friend said it was one of the worst experiences of her life and she wouldn’t recommend it to anyone.

This!

Well, it's Caroline Quentine who does it for me in Jonathon Creek. It was never the same once they lost her. She was that good, IMO. I don't mind unlikable characters usually. Snape was my HP character. Barmy & bad usually works for me! :lau :lau :lau But then I grew up on a brilliant little BBC spy gem called Callan. They were all barmy & bad & it was very dark indeed.

Callan - was that Edward Woodward? I think my parents watched that. I liked him in The Equalizer in the 80s.

Ooh, is Shetland back on? Great! I was getting into it and then fell behind. Both hubby and I had Scottish grannies so I have a soft spot for a Scottish accent.

Reality TV - not really my cup of tea. I have watched a few things but usually only the one season. The last one I watched; I knew one of the contestants. It’s heavily edited, producers badger them to pass comment so they paint people as villains, then they drop them like a hot potato with no mental health support when the haters start trolling them online. And of course, the producers will look for people who will get everyone else’s back up just for the drama. My friend said it was one of the worst experiences of her life and she wouldn’t recommend it to anyone.
So I figured. Users & abusers. And nothing *real* about any of it.

I liked Morse a lot. Also enjoyed the Sherlock series. I didn't like the guy in Creek to never bothered with the series.
This imo is the best detective series made. I love Sicily anyway.
The series has a charm to it that no other series has managed to capture so well.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inspector_Montalbano_(TV_series)

I was surprised years a go when a friend recommended the American series Breaking Bad.
There is a reason it ranks so highly but you need a dark sense of humour to fully appreciate it.

This!

Yes, I liked the first episode! What did you think?

Back
Top Bottom