MJ's little flock

This!

Well, it's Caroline Quentine who does it for me in Jonathon Creek. It was never the same once they lost her. She was that good, IMO. I don't mind unlikable characters usually. Snape was my HP character. Barmy & bad usually works for me! :lau :lau :lau But then I grew up on a brilliant little BBC spy gem called Callan. They were all barmy & bad & it was very dark indeed.

ETA: Have you run into the new Van der Valk. ABC is screening.
Dad loved Callan. It was on too late for us kids.

I liked Morse a lot. Also enjoyed the Sherlock series. I didn't like the guy in Creek to never bothered with the series.
This imo is the best detective series made. I love Sicily anyway.
The series has a charm to it that no other series has managed to capture so well.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inspector_Montalbano_(TV_series)

I was surprised years a go when a friend recommended the American series Breaking Bad.
There is a reason it ranks so highly but you need a dark sense of humour to fully appreciate it.
I tried really hard with breaking bad. Saw nearly all of it. It was just too bleak for me.

Yes. I liked it. It reminded me a bit of Wallander. And different scenery is always good. :D I've earmarked it so I remember to look for each episode.
Yes, it was like a more active Wallander, with a great team.

I like the dorky new guy. "I used the dumpsters" oh really, hadn't noticed... Hahaha a cute character.

I liked Morse a lot. Also enjoyed the Sherlock series. I didn't like the guy in Creek to never bothered with the series.
This imo is the best detective series made. I love Sicily anyway.
The series has a charm to it that no other series has managed to capture so well.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inspector_Montalbano_(TV_series)

I was surprised years a go when a friend recommended the American series Breaking Bad.
There is a reason it ranks so highly but you need a dark sense of humour to fully appreciate it.
I don't think even SBS aired Montalbano out here ~ & that'd be the channel. My youngest learnt German so she could watch Inspector Rex with me. :lau :lau :lau I got tired of being her translator fast. I have a smattering of several European languages so managed with minimal subtitles ~ or I used to. :( I'm getting old it's getting easier to muddle what I hear & what I read.🙄

Yes, it was like a more active Wallander, with a great team.

I like the dorky new guy. "I used the dumpsters" oh really, hadn't noticed... Hahaha a cute character.
Hah! Yes, lots of room for characters to bounce nicely off each other. It has started well & I'm hoping the quality stays high.

I don't think even SBS aired Montalbano out here ~ & that'd be the channel. My youngest learnt German so she could watch Inspector Rex with me. :lau :lau :lau I got tired of being her translator fast. I have a smattering of several European languages so managed with minimal subtitles ~ or I used to. :( I'm getting old it's getting easier to muddle what I hear & what I read.🙄
I could be wrong, but I think you would like it. Subtitles are something one gets used to. I don't let them restrict what I watch. It is worth getting a couple of episodes just to check it out. It really is very good.

I could be wrong, but I think you would like it. Subtitles are something one gets used to. I don't let them restrict what I watch. It is worth getting a couple of episodes just to check it out. It really is very good.
I expect I would. Subtitles have never bothered me. I used to watch a lot of French films to keep my French up but often the translations were so awful I was ranting about that more than I was watching the film. :lau :lau :lau And I often watch Scandinavian stuff just for the scenery. None of my children will watch anything with me! :gigI'm sure I could get it online. I'll have to have a look.

Back
Top Bottom