MJ's little flock

@Kris5902 is the expert with scaly leg mite. She may have some more suggestions for you Shad.

I don't suppose she just has weird legs like a Dong Tao?

View attachment 2115179

While I was looking for the chook breed with weird legs, I came across the Brahma.

Look at the size of this fellow! He moves like a person in a chicken suit! :eek:

That big chicken! Crikey! I want to give him a bigger yard. But I wish his predators good luck, i reckon he would eat fox chops for breakfast!

I don't know if I believe those photos ie, the huge Brahma. All that is needed to make any bird huge, is to have smaller size props around them. For instance small pop door, so he has to ease himself out slowly.:idunno
That's a really good point.

It's one line in the bantams that has this leg problem. They get scaly leg mite like kids get takeaways. It seems to be passed down through the males. or at least they have suffered from it most. Tribe 1 very rarely get it. The cross breeds, some do some don't, mostly don't fortunately. Mag one of the bantam roosters needs his legs doing weekly. I think Lock may be the same.:hmm
Oh, that's a pity.

No good for them and a worry for you. You are a good chicken shepherd Shad.:hugs

Howdy y'all!!

I have so much to catch up on! I wanted to say hello and I hope everyone has been well!

Hi CCCL! :frow

We are good over here. Alice has just been through the biggest moult I've ever seen and has most of her feathers back just as the weather is getting really cold.

Hope you are doing well?

I don't know if I believe those photos ie, the huge Brahma. All that is needed to make any bird huge, is to have smaller size props around them. For instance small pop door, so he has to ease himself out slowly.:idunno
That's true, I hadn't thought of that, but I'm kind of convinced by the way he walks. He moves like Big Bird. 😆

Back
Top Bottom