MJ's little flock

You know I am always on the look out for improvement ideas for the Chicken Palace. A long branch on the ground sounds like the perfect compromise between my desire to give them food 'on something' and their desire to throw it on the ground. :confused:
I look forward to a picture!
Tsuki, Deana and Edwina were first to the breakfast bar today.
IMG20200704145145.jpg

IMG20200704145200.jpg

They didn't leave much for Alice and Pepper
IMG20200704145656.jpg

The branch has some nice grooves along it for seed to lay in and there are also some crevices that the girls have to work hard at to extract the seed.

Seed has actually sprouted in a couple of crevices that the girls couldn't reach!

View attachment 2226236
View attachment 2226237

View attachment 2226238

The branch has some nice grooves along it for seed to lay in and there are also some crevices that the girls have to work hard at to extract the seed.

Seed has actually sprouted in a couple of crevices that the girls couldn't reach!
I LOVE the breakfast bar. I hope you don't mind me stealing shamelessly when I find a suitable log. The logs I have collected so far in building the Chicken Palace have all been for roosts so I selected them for being super smooth, now I will look for some ones with nice grooves and crevices. Thank you for the idea!

I LOVE the breakfast bar. I hope you don't mind me stealing shamelessly when I find a suitable log. The logs I have collected so far in building the Chicken Palace have all been for roosts so I selected them for being super smooth, now I will look for some ones with nice grooves and crevices. Thank you for the idea!
Feel free! I'm glad you like it.

I shamelessly use other people's ideas all the time!

We all want enrichment for our chooks I think ☺

One last shot of Ivy pretending to be glamourous like Aurora.

View attachment 2225990

Here, we can see the elegant line and proportion of her headwear. If anyone can evoke Ascot on Ladies' Day from a rusty old garage, it's Ivy :love
My gosh she is breath taking. She has grown up to be absolutely stunning. 🥰

View attachment 2226236
View attachment 2226237

View attachment 2226238

Is Tsuki ever not 1st to the breakfast bar? Inquiring minds want to know.

Wouldn't you just heat the water in the microwave and add the teabag after?

That was going to be my suggestion too. Although apparently there are micro-plastics in tea-bags so I switched back to loose-leaf tea and and have a small two-cup teapot. I leave the second cup in the pot until I’m ready for it, then I pour it into the cup and put that into the microwave.

Ohhh, I like that cup and saucer MJ!
When I was still living in the UK, my then partner and I bought a piece of pottery for some frineds each year as a present. Very modern and lots of shape and colour but I can't remember the name of the potter!!:he
I like contemporary pottery. I tried to find some contemporary Australian potters making teacups yesterday. No luck yet.

Most of my cups are moulded porcelain but I quite like stoneware too.

Hmmm time to choose the Sunday morning teacup :D

One last shot of Ivy pretending to be glamourous like Aurora.

View attachment 2225990

Here, we can see the elegant line and proportion of her headwear. If anyone can evoke Ascot on Ladies' Day from a rusty old garage, it's Ivy :love

She’s gorgeous. :love I love she’s still got purple feathers!

:gig

Feel free! I'm glad you like it.

I shamelessly use
She’s gorgeous. :love I love she’s still got purple feathers!

:gig
The first thing the vet said was, "Oh! She's got a red tail!" so the whole story of Ivy's tail was told. I'd already told him about Peggy's feather plucking and eating habit (so glad she gave that up) but I don't think he joined the dots until he saw the stain on Ivy's tail!

Back
Top Bottom