MJ's little flock

In remembering Luna, I forgot to show my usual breakfast snap.

IMG20200712092833.jpg

It's not a particularly special teacup, but it reminds me of London because I bought it at Fortnum's.

Janet's delicious eggs :drool

Genius! It will be a never-ending corn cob. 🤣🤣
The latest news is: success! The neighbour's hens have worked out how to release grain!

So I'm definitely going to make one myself and give it a go. It will be a relief to stop feeding the sparrows.

Speaking of the neighbour's hens. I have some sad news to relate.

At six years of age, Luna was put to sleep on Friday afternoon. She suddenly started expressing paralysis in her legs. The neighbour took her to Dr Hill who diagnosed Marek's disease and euthanised her.

She's now buried six chicken-sized steps from where she hatched, where her friends will often chatter above her.

Goodbye Luna. You will always be remembered for your amazing spurs and cute baby photo.

View attachment 2239183

View attachment 2239190

I've learned a lot about Marek's since then and I hope to avoid infecting the little flock.
Those are some serious spurs for a hen! I hope the Mareks problem can be managed.

View attachment 2239526

It's not a particularly special teacup, but it reminds me of London because I bought it at Fortnum's.

In another life I used to like visiting Fortnum and Masons. While it is true that some of their stock is phenomenally expensive they also stocked some more affordable items that were difficult to find elsewhere. I used to get tinned lobster bisque there as a Christmas treat.

View attachment 2239526

That has made me hungry this morning. They look very good. :drool

Back
Top Bottom