MJ's little flock

Very often! Once she has these broke it will take a week or so for someone else to step up and she will be back at it.
This is so true it's seriously funny. :lau Also one reason for having so many hens. I am still getting plenty of eggs even if 1 or 2 need convincing they don't want young 'uns.

Mhari already seems peeved Wrold is trying to sit. I expect she'll try again shortly.

This is so true it's seriously funny. :lau Also one reason for having so many hens. I am still getting plenty of eggs even if 1 or 2 need convincing they don't want young 'uns.

Mhari already seems peeved Wrold is trying to sit. I expect she'll try again shortly.
I do simply love them for it. Not having experienced the broody until Maleficent, it is still remarkable to me how strong the urge to hatch is. It is so sweet that they want to be mums. 🥰

Mary and I have reached a new understanding. I'm allowed to gently touch her crop area twice without causing a panic. Three times is too many.
Not to pry, but why would you need to touch it 3 times? I think she might be right to object at that point. It feels a little "molesty". Not what I did to Hattie molesty but maybe a bit too much.

Back
Top Bottom