MJ's little flock

Yep. I assume people who live there are used to it & cope better but I guess that's not always the case.
As strange as it may seem, I think people who choose it as a place to make a home probably love all the hustle bustle. I used to live in the heart of the city in my 30s and it was perfect for me at that time.

Aurora's love of food knows no bounds. She will eat from my hand, steal food from me, and comes around me all the time. But if I try to touch her with my other hand while she is eating from my other hand she panicks and flaps away. She darts in and out to get food but only stays in touching range when there is food.

It is also hard to work with her now that there are 5 others, especially Sydney. Sydney is not afraid to be touched and will muscle in on any food scenario. Sometimes even crawling over me to get to it. Hattie is also someone motivated by food and no longer afraid or angry with me. It is hard to work one on one with a sunglasses hen with so many other ravenous half starved hens. 😆

The only thing that ever calmed Aurora was Maleficent.
View attachment 2385085
I bet she misses Mal.

As strange as it may seem, I think people who choose it as a place to make a home probably love all the hustle bustle. I used to live in the heart of the city in my 30s and it was perfect for me at that time.
I'm sure that's the case or we wouldn't have cities @ all. :) I've always been a nature girl & I am badly affected by loud noise [so why do I keep chickens? Good question! :gig] & it upsets my system for days. There are things I do like about cities but for me the price comes vey high.

I'm sure that's the case or we wouldn't have cities @ all. :) I've always been a nature girl & I am badly affected by loud noise [so why do I keep chickens? Good question! :gig] & it upsets my system for days. There are things I do like about cities but for me the price comes vey high.
I couldn't live there now. But otherwise I'm ok with it.

So, this is a new thing for me: I took a snap of yesterday's breakfast and then I forgot to share it!

That means there are two different brekkies today :clap

IMG20201024090149.jpg

IMG20201025080858.jpg

Back
Top Bottom