MJ's little flock

I'm surfacing some issues with an ornery person at present. He's timing meetings so that people who need to make changes don't have an opportunity to do so.

Extremely transparent although he thinks it's all off the radar.

I'm having issues with the receptionist at my work. She thinks she's the office manager and she has always had it out for me since day 1. She has verbally attacked me twice, completely unprovoked. This time she questioned our boss (and business owner) about my pay and time off.

He promptly put her in her place about how it's none of her business and he has everything tracked and documented. He ultimately had her apologize to me, even though I did not accept it. After this all went down and it was just he and I (I'm a technician for an eye doctor) he stated that I am a more important staff member to him and that if I can find a replacement for her, he'll fire her.

I do not take joy in someone losing their job, but I also will not stand to be abused by anyone. I left an extremely abusive (mental, emotional, and physical) marriage after 13 years with nothing but the clothes on my back. I promised to myself that I would never allow someone to degrade me again. My life moto has become, Do no harm but take no shit.

I warn you though they make quite a mess eating it. They flick it around everywhere and mine keep wiping their beaks on my boots to clean it off.
I discovered the best way to give it is as a summer treat - I freeze it with some kitchen scraps inside and then they peck away at the frozen lump. It freezes more like ice-cream than water so it is a good pecking consistency!
That is a neat trick. I will try that next summer.

I'm having issues with the receptionist at my work. She thinks she's the office manager and she has always had it out for me since day 1. She has verbally attacked me twice, completely unprovoked. This time she questioned our boss (and business owner) about my pay and time off.

He promptly put her in her place about how it's none of her business and he has everything tracked and documented. He ultimately had her apologize to me, even though I did not accept it. After this all went down and it was just he and I (I'm a technician for an eye doctor) he stated that I am a more important staff member to him and that if I can find a replacement for her, he'll fire her.

I do not take joy in someone losing their job, but I also will not stand to be abused by anyone. I left an extremely abusive (mental, emotional, and physical) marriage after 13 years with nothing but the clothes on my back. I promised to myself that I would never allow someone to degrade me again. My life moto has become, Do no harm but take no shit.
I am so sorry that you have to deal with someone like her. What are you going to do?

I am so sorry that you have to deal with someone like her. What are you going to do?

I'm actively looking for her replacement. I have discovered I have they ability to turn people off. It's only something I recently started to do. I'm still professional towards her at work, but there is no small talk or sharing personal stories.

It's my way of self preservation. I've explained everything to my boss and he is completely understanding and thankful that I keep it professional. I could very easy verbally attack her just as she did to me, but that serves no purpose.

Back
Top Bottom