MJ's little flock

I was thinking a mixed breed hen would be stronger but not if she has a greater number of inherited issues.
Nature had all this sorted before we interfered. Some bloke called Darwin wrote a bit about it.:p
Unfortunately it seems that have misunderstood his message and think fit has something to do with being able to run fast and lift heavy stuff.:D
Try explaining that it's the oddballs that ensure the species survival and the norm gets caught out by whatever pathogen, predator, change in environment, and they look at you like you're mad.

I only wish I had the background info @Shadrach has for his flock. I started with hatching eggs from supposedly good lines from a fairly well known local breeder, but I am certainly seeing things I don’t like cropping up, genetics wise... and then there’s the breeding in of those high production hybrids as well. I knew I was in for a long term project when I started breeding my own girls though.
I was lucky.
I knew to close the flock from stuff I learnt when I was a teenager looking after my Uncles free rangers.

Tribe 1.
PB130043.JPG

Hurry. She's been looking at trees!:hmm:fl
PB130041.JPG

I’m late to the party so here’s a song to get your weekend started.

And because this guy’s the bomb, I’m including Leo from Frog Leap Studios’ metal cover of the same song. :D

Oh yeah!

So perfectly hectic!

Thankyou Lozzy :love

Oh I am so sorry to hear about Peggy. I am glad you are able to give her a happy weekend at home, and I think having a clear plan of action knowing you are doing everything you can for her will help you, regardless of the outcome.
Very much hoping for the best for Peggy.
:hugs:hugs:hugs
Knowing about the mass is helpful. I'm no longer bewildered.

Back
Top Bottom