MJ's little flock

Nature had all this sorted before we interfered. Some bloke called Darwin wrote a bit about it.:p
Unfortunately it seems that have misunderstood his message and think fit has something to do with being able to run fast and lift heavy stuff.:D
Try explaining that it's the oddballs that ensure the species survival and the norm gets caught out by whatever pathogen, predator, change in environment, and they look at you like you're mad.
That's what Mark said. He thinks it makes almost no difference which breed or mix of breeds, reproductive problems crop up in all sorts of domestic chickens these days. Slow layers less so. Fast layers are sometimes ok.

They seem very safe there. How do you find them?
There are about ten favoured shelter spots. I check them all each day. Tribe 1 has taken over this spot relatively recently. It used to be Tribe 3's and before that, Tribe 4's when they were alive.
I check the obvious ones and if someone is missing I check the others.

What a handsome lad! Is he part Serama...:love
I'm not entirely sure what that lot have in them. They've hatched some odd ones.:D Old English Game for sure but it looks like there may have been some Polish genes in there somewhere.
They were here when I got here. They're a pretty tough bunch. Blue Spot, responsible for most you see there, made it to 11 or 12. We think she was two years old when she arrived.

Back
Top Bottom