MJ's little flock

Yes, that was me. Not sure if it got used that way though. Hubby’s given me a different idea this year; I’ve tented two fence panels together over the hole I dug and tomorrow I’ll go and get some hessian. I’ll drape it over and then drape the weeper soaker hose over that. The hessian stays damp and it gets cooler underneath. It’s a version of the Coolgardy safe hubby used in Scouts to keep food cool.
I'd like to see a picture of that set up. Sounds clever.

Good evening folks :frow
Good evening MJ and everyone 🙂
Good morning all. 🌞

Where do Caturday pictures belong? I've gotten myself confused. :oops:
20201128_071107.jpg
20201128_070854.jpg

Guinness is good for the digestion, even for coos. 😆

Interesting fact here...

Horses in hot humid climates can develop anhydrous. It's the inability to sweat and therefore cool themselves down.

It has been discovered, and highly practiced, that a pint of Guinness a day helps horses to sweat.

Interesting fact here...

Horses in hot humid climates can develop anhydrous. It's the inability to sweat and therefore cool themselves down.

It has been discovered, and highly practiced, that a pint of Guinness a day helps horses to sweat.
I can't help feeling the horses sponsored that study!

Yes, that was me. Not sure if it got used that way though. Hubby’s given me a different idea this year; I’ve tented two fence panels together over the hole I dug and tomorrow I’ll go and get some hessian. I’ll drape it over and then drape the weeper soaker hose over that. The hessian stays damp and it gets cooler underneath. It’s a version of the Coolgardy safe hubby used in Scouts to keep food cool.
A double layer works well. I'm sure I've mentioned this before. In hot countries; hotter than here, some people build clay domes. Big ones with 4 large holes in the sides at 90 degrees to each other. This allows the chickens to come and go and also helps to catch any breeze. Above the dome, they suspend/support a rush matting making sure there is a good gap between the matting and the top of the dome. The matting takes the direct heat of the sun and the air moving underneath the mat and over the dome helps to keep the dome cool.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom