MJ's little flock

I went and got myself tested for covid yesterday. The nasal swab was worse than the throat swab. Not at all painful but uncomfortable and astoundingly deeper than I thought possible. Anyway I'm still in isolation while waiting for the results. The team at the testing station loved the Saint Nicola sticker I put on the car :D Nicola is the name of the person running SA's public health response to the pandemic.
Good for you! I’m getting one the day after tomorrow. Recently at a public meeting someone announced that “Everyone at the district office had been tested.” Umm... nope. Not everyone.

Hi MaryJanet and friends, would you mind if i joined your thread? I have read a few pages here and on by bob and ribh's thread and i really love your interaction and respect for each other and your love for your chickens. I just collected my first egg from 4 pullets I hatched during our strict lock down in Melbourne Australia and my family is just not excited enough so i wondered if it would be ok to share with you all. Thanks.
Welcome, Louwin! I’m not as regular as some on this thread, but do try to pop in a couple times a week and catch up!

Thanks Ribh, you are so welcoming. This is my four. They are a backyard mix from Isa Brown hens. Peanut (white), princess layer (black) buddy (light brown) and snitzel (dark brown and named by a teenage boy!!). I'm sorry to hear you lost 3 of yours. I cant imagine our backyard without ours now. I hope you find some wonderful new girls to join your family.View attachment 2432395
Aawww!!! Cuties! Thanks for sharing!

Team MJ!

Screenshot_2020-12-02-17-13-18-46.png

There's always one who blinks. Or sticks their beak between their legs, as the case may be.

Hi Louwen! Of course, join in to your heart's content :D:frowyou guys were in isolation for such a long time, but you eventually got it under control. You're a bunch of legends. Hatching would've been a lovely thing to do too. And I'm excited for the first egg!! :wee:woot:yesss:
Thanks MJ. These 3 threads (by you, by bob and ribh) along with hatching kept me sane. It sort of feels like crashing a party to jump in but you are all so lovely. Thank you everyone.

Back
Top Bottom