MJ's little flock

micstrachan

Crossing the Road
Premium Feather Member
Apr 10, 2016
Santa Cruz Mountains, California
I went and got myself tested for covid yesterday. The nasal swab was worse than the throat swab. Not at all painful but uncomfortable and astoundingly deeper than I thought possible. Anyway I'm still in isolation while waiting for the results. The team at the testing station loved the Saint Nicola sticker I put on the car :D Nicola is the name of the person running SA's public health response to the pandemic.
Good for you! I’m getting one the day after tomorrow. Recently at a public meeting someone announced that “Everyone at the district office had been tested.” Umm... nope. Not everyone.

micstrachan

Crossing the Road
Premium Feather Member
Apr 10, 2016
Hi MaryJanet and friends, would you mind if i joined your thread? I have read a few pages here and on by bob and ribh's thread and i really love your interaction and respect for each other and your love for your chickens. I just collected my first egg from 4 pullets I hatched during our strict lock down in Melbourne Australia and my family is just not excited enough so i wondered if it would be ok to share with you all. Thanks.
Welcome, Louwin! I’m not as regular as some on this thread, but do try to pop in a couple times a week and catch up!

micstrachan

Crossing the Road
Premium Feather Member
Apr 10, 2016
Thanks Ribh, you are so welcoming. This is my four. They are a backyard mix from Isa Brown hens. Peanut (white), princess layer (black) buddy (light brown) and snitzel (dark brown and named by a teenage boy!!). I'm sorry to hear you lost 3 of yours. I cant imagine our backyard without ours now. I hope you find some wonderful new girls to join your family. View attachment 2432395
Aawww!!! Cuties! Thanks for sharing!

Louwin

Chirping
Premium Feather Member
Aug 29, 2020
Melbourne, Australia
Hi Louwen! Of course, join in to your heart's content :D:frowyou guys were in isolation for such a long time, but you eventually got it under control. You're a bunch of legends. Hatching would've been a lovely thing to do too. And I'm excited for the first egg!! :wee:woot:yesss:
Thanks MJ. These 3 threads (by you, by bob and ribh) along with hatching kept me sane. It sort of feels like crashing a party to jump in but you are all so lovely. Thank you everyone.

Top Bottom