MJ's little flock

That could take a while to blow dry them all. Please don't get too wet. I would hate for you to catch cold.
That’s right, if you’re sniffling they don’t let you on the ferry to go see a dr unless you’re safely contained in An ambulance! It’s not that bad, they have been told they can’t actually deny travel to people with Covid Symptoms... something about denying access to medical services not being within the transportation board’s jurisdiction!

I don't have EEs but this has been my understanding too. A lot seem to be downright mean. It makes me wonder what they've actually been crossed with to be like that...???
I feel I must defend my girls.
Both Edwina and Pepper are Easter Eggers and they are at the bottom of the pecking order.

Of course they could become mean given the opportunity I suppose... Power does tend to go to one's head.🤔

Yes! If I may jump on the offered soapbox? The thing is in Canada you are permitted to use antibiotics in food animals! You can be charged with cruelty for refusing medical treatment to an animal to avoid a withholding period near processing time, or to maintain Organic or RWA (raised without antibiotics) standards/certification there are some animals in which their use is banned here, pork for one, but bovines, ovines, (for both Dairy and meat) and Poultry can all enter the food stream here after being treated with most antibiotics, once the appropriate withholding period has passed. But just Try to find a Vet that will work with a small farm! Or on Backyard chickens! I’m going to check the mail again on Monday, and if I don’t have a package, I’m booking a tele-health appointment for the nasty infection “I” have! The swelling seems to be moving further up his leg, but it could just be the rain, please let it be the rain...
View attachment 2473145
It's very odd that the veterinary profession is so out of step with the regulatory environment. And in your case it's downright disappointing.

I frequently see Edwina with bloody bald spots on her legs where someone has helpfully depilated her leg feathers. 😠 So mine are not so much sorting out their differences as making everybody the same. 🙄
Peggy had a go at Ivy's legs too. I'm hoping now Peggy's forgotten her feather plucking ways, Ivy's feet feathers will grow back to former splendour once she has a full moult.
Hawk has girlfriends... that makes him happy, he can live without his foot feathers, he LETS them pluck them without a fuss!

That’s right, if you’re sniffling they don’t let you on the ferry to go see a dr unless you’re safely contained in An ambulance! It’s not that bad, they have been told they can’t actually deny travel to people with Covid Symptoms... something about denying access to medical services not being within the transportation board’s jurisdiction!
I have been fighting a cold since New Year's Eve. Everyone is screaming at me to go get tested. It's not COVID. It is a cold. The symptoms are not the same. No need for a test. Everyone wants a test immediately.

I say this because I got the cold running out to tend the chickens without wearing a coat because I'm lazy. Don't be like BY Bob. Take better care in the rain. It's not worth all the "get tested"!

Back
Top Bottom