MJ's little flock

Mag has been seen by Gloria. She doesn't know what is wrong with him. She doesn't have the equipment to do the type of examination that might show what the problem is. While she is wonderfull, she is also honest and this is a rural vet practice in Spain.
She thinks like I do that it may be a heart problem. She has given me contact details of a game fowl keeper who has apparently a great deal of knowldege and used to fix up the cock fighting cocks years ago. The problem is he isn't relpying to his phone, or email.
There is one odd thing about Mag; he's moulting, but it's a retarded moult. He got so far and nothing else seems to be happening.
It's also possible he has an infection of some sort.
There is a slight possibility that he has an alpha strep infection in his heart. If he is showing signs of infection you might want to get an antibiotic that would treat both. It would explain his symptoms.

The problem is with internal problems like this, as you know, is the vet not only has to have a great deal of experience in dealing with such things, they also need an awful lot of expensive equipment to give a correct diagnosis.
This is rural Spain and I'm lucky to have a vet that will even see a chicken.
In metropolitan PA you would also be lucky to find a vet that would treat a chicken. :confused: Just saying.

Progress has been made :D

Before

Now

IMG20210113135933.jpg

They'll paint it tomorrow.

Wow. It's moving right along.
They get through a lot!

The project has given me an appreciation of how much this type of work is weather dependent. They can't run power tools in the rain and can't work under a scorching sun. So while it's a 4-6 day build it stretches out rather a lot due to weather.

Back
Top Bottom