MJ's little flock

It was more than a year ago and since then it became more of a people place but I still try to share updates on the hens quite often. The big news right now is the new chicken funrun going up.
Oh dear, I was wracking my brain trying to remember what chicken sporting event you may have been organizing until I realized that you meant your chicken coop and run.
I think I'm a bit tired... :oops:😅

There is a slight possibility that he has an alpha strep infection in his heart. If he is showing signs of infection you might want to get an antibiotic that would treat both. It would explain his symptoms.
I've read up a bit on this. It is a possibility. I'm going to have a chat with Gloria.

I

I was thinking that too, then I realised she's about 18 months old. So while it's seasonally early, it's timely for her age. 18 months is when the first big moult occurs, isn't it? At least, this page says so.
Mine are moulting too MJ. I'm seeing feathers from Deana, Tsuki and Alice. Maybe it's a bi-yearly thing. :confused:

Progress has been made :D

Before

Now

View attachment 2487153

They'll paint it tomorrow.
Looking good!
I am a bit surprised the haven’t felt it needed cross-bracing (some struts at 45 degrees to add stability).
Probably less important without a roof (but I thought you were putting a roof on some of it??). Might be good to ask them.
I found some photos of cross bracing at the Chicken Palace that might help explain what I mean.
FAAB6018-6842-459D-B356-C4E21C9AC7D3.jpeg
EE28DA2E-D046-4313-A4C5-3BDFBFEECC92.jpeg
E772D86A-2083-4DF0-905D-715D7B2AD18E.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom